Saturday, January 5, 2019

Borrowed Words


Do you know the meaning of goodbye?

I’m wrestling with my demons
No dream will ever be the same
With a low whisper

You look at me
And I wonder what goes on 
Friday night in the rain

Kiss one girl, kiss another
Kiss them all, but you won't recover

A little loving is a dangerous thing
Can you get that bird to sing

Living for the moment, lips and lashes
Will I ever find my way again 
In a shameless world Permanently wired 

Heaven knows it's hard enough to pray
Don't talk to me  
We're the restless hearted not the chained and bound

I'm lost inside Your painted smile
From violet to grey
I paint all your colours

That look in your eyes the brush of your cheek
These are the moments in life that I seek

Like dreams in the night
Who can say where we're going

'Do you wanna play?'
I'll never be the same

concept and picture by roman blazic
lines bryan ferry

No comments:

Post a Comment