Tuesday, October 18, 2016

A Fishtown Neighbor's Garden

Girard Avenue's Garden

Had my camera out for a walk. My destination was the old movie theater at 6th and Girard. I also shoot along the way because you never know what you might come across. This is what I mean.

I've passed by this garden many times but never saw it until today (Oct. 3) The gateway was wide open unlike any other time passing by. I could see the expanse of the garden and a gentleman sitting in the patio. I called in with a hello and an introduction. This man, Tim, welcomed me in to take some pictures. We spent at least a good half-hour sitting, talking with a flavorful glass of ice tea. There was a good edge of humor and stark frankness in the words of two older guys killing some time together. I was grateful for this time and the opportunity to photograph such a nice garden. I also had to get going.

(click picture for slideshow)













words and picture by roman blazic_all rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment