Thursday, March 31, 2016

Remember Yesterday

Working it out

It's true. I'm multi-talented which, to some, means I have many ways of annoying people. This is just another example.
This video was shot about a year ago. Since then my friend Bill made an amazing transformation by shedding at least one hundred pounds. I greatly admire his discipline and the strength of his loving wife Linda. I lost more hair on my head and a bunch of teeth. I'll spare you that story.
Bill and Linda somehow picked the right time to pull me out of my own little universe to once again play music. This all happened last week. It wasn't easy but they did it. 
Linda's sister Debbie did one simple act to adjust my headphones. It was like the mouse who pulled the thorn out of the lion's paw. I was calm and able to feel the warmth of their friendship. The end result is why I say that I'm having more fun than most kids my age.  
This video captured a performance when I transposed the chords and tried different keys. We were still working it out. It still needs some work; maybe lowering the key. I haven't thought about or played this song since last year. It's a good song and we'll work it out. (how I keep time with my feet still remains a mystery)
So here's the song warts and all. The best part is that I feel inspired. 


Remember Yesterday

On the street I heard a story about the way you get around.
It's the murmur of the voices that can tear a man way down
Oh darling will I see any more
Oh darling never been this way before
Oh darling remember yesterday
Who knows  the way
Who knows the way

Will I see you in the morning. Will I touch you in the night. 
Will the time we knew surrender in our lives. 
And the meaning of our passion was the meaning of that night.
Oh darling will I see you any  more. 
Oh darling never been this way before
Oh darling remember yesterday
Who knows  the way
Who knows the way

words and music by roman blazic_all rights reserved   

No comments:

Post a Comment